1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I: got engaged... sold a car... bought a car... had surgery... went on a multi-state motorcycle trip... got my motorcycle license... moved to a different county in VA... moved into a high-rise... probably some other things I can't think of.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, I did. My resolution was to make my forever life: I cultivated my relationship with Mike, which resulted in our engagement; I got into school to finish my business degree; I chose my friends and activities. It was good :) I am definitely making more resolutions for this year!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, our friend Gabby had a beautiful baby boy.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my great Aunt Helen passed away.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Dedication to physical health! And second: more travel!
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
11/20/11- the day we got engaged.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Launching new websites for work, or getting into school.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not running or exercising more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, I was diagnosed with potentially cancerous cervical lesions in June.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our car :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mike, for simply being wonderful; and my brother Tommy, for graduating from college!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Oh I shouldn't get into this.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying bills and student loans.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Everything! I'm so excitable. I was stoked for my 25th birthday, Mike's 25th birthday, a lot of our motorcycle trips, our engagement, Christmas in NYC with my family, meeting blogger friends, and Stratejoy :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Pumped-Up Kicks," fo' sho.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier :)
– thinner or fatter? Fatter :(
– richer or poorer? Richer, I guess.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I'd hung out with more of my friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In NYC with my family, as always :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes, in love with my life with Mike!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Of 2011? James May's Road Trip. Of ever? Tie between Top Gear, The Office, and The West Wing.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope - I don't hate ;)
24. What was the best book you read?
Bossypants was GREAT.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Bon Iver orrrrrr Fleet Foxes (thanks Mike!)
26. What did you want and get?
To get into school.
27. What did you want and not get?
To win the lottery! Lol :)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I did not watch many movies. Maybe To Have and Have Not, or Cave of Forgotten Dreams.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 this year; Mike cooked dinner for me, and then I had some friends over and we drank and ate cake. It was chill and nice.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I'd kept running.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
32. What kept you sane?
Mike, classical music, Stratejoy, and yoga.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
A one Ms. Florence, as in + The Machines. Swoon.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
American politics are disgusting, so I try to stay away. (Yes even though I live a stone's throw from DC.)
35. Who did you miss?
My family in New York, like whoa. And I missed having a best friend. But that's all better now :)
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Brandi, a girl I work with, is awesome. The Bloggers Who Brunch ladies are also awesome.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
That I'm the only person responsible for my happiness.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Let your troubles roll by," from Carbon Leaf.
Happy 2012, my friends!