I haven't done a Fill In The Blank Friday in a while. I feel like my schedule got all messed up somewhere in November and I'm still playing catch-up. Oh, holidays.
Anyway! This week's theme is... can you guess? NEW YEAR'S! Lauren put together a nice little themed list, so be sure to head over to The Little Things We Do to check it out, comment on hers (and check out her previous resolution - the "30 Day Hair Challenge" - I am in AWE!) and link up.
- New Years is a wonderful celebration! When else does the entire world celebrate together? I think it's one of the happiest moments of the year.
- One of my New Year's resolutions will be to learn how to cook.
- A New Year's resolution I've made in the past was to live dangerously happy. It's a line from a Carbon Leaf song that I actually heard at a New Year's celebration, and I decided it was just too perfect. I needed to be happy and do whatever it took to get there. It took a while to sink it but it eventually worked!
- The most time consuming resolution I ever made was I honestly don't remember... I used to be really bad at resolutions... lol :)
- This year I will be spending New Year's Eve with my love and my friends!
- If I could wish one thing for my new year it would be inner strength.
- 2012 is going to be a crazy but wonderful year, possibly even a continuation of The Hella Crazy Year. I'll be changing my role at work, going back to school full-time, and planning our wedding - and who knows all the surprises that will be thrown in there! Everything is movement towards my forever life, but it is going to be rough at times!
What are your plans to ring in 2012, friends?
My plans have run the gamut - from a quiet night in with family, to a blow-out party and concert at a hotel, to running down the street with friends banging pots and pan, to rooftop house parties. My celebrations have certainly been varied!
This will be my second New Year's with Mike and I am so excited :)
Last year we settled in with another couple (who had just found out they were expecting!) and watched the ball drop quietly.
This year we are doing a little bit of everything: going out to a dinner, then to a friend's house party, then progressing from that party with our friends to "one of the chillest bars in Arlington" (yes that's how it was described to me!) to watch the ball drop. Yay!