The lovely Tessica tagged me in a three-part tag game (which is awesome on so many levels, but mostly because my brain is still getting used to working again after vacation!) so here goes!
there are rules.
- Post these rules.
- Part 1 - Post 11 random things yourself.
- Part 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
- Part 3 - Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Then tag 11 people to do this. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them. None of this "You are tagged if you are reading this," you legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things About Me
- I used to use the word "random" a lot when I was younger. After my Mom made fun of me for so long about it by saying "That's sooooo random!" in a sing-song voice, I realized how pointless it was. So now I never use it.
- I have nice handwriting. My brother tells everyone that I have the best handwriting he's ever seen. Our Dad was serious about learning cursive: we'd practice for hours and the dining room table still has the marks of our penmanship!
- I grind my teeth at night. It's awful. I wish I could stop. I have a mouth-guard but I guess I didn't mold it right because
- I love Doritos, especially Cooler Ranch. And yes, I still call it Cooler Ranch, I won't have none of this trendy new Cool Ranch stuff.
- I really wish I had a natural accent. I do accents pretty well, especially the New York one when I'm around my family, and the Southern (Virginia-style, not Georgia-style) when I'm in the mountains. But I wish it were natural and around all the time instead of situational.
- I know of no songs about girls named Lauren. There are songs about almost every other name. When I told Mom this, she made up a song. I don't know if that counts, so please let me know if you know of any Lauren songs.
- There are a few words I cannot spell, ever. Commitment is one of them. Thank goodness for spell-check.
- One day, sooner than later, I will be moving out to a cabin somewhere in the Virginia countryside. I'm serious.
- When I live in this cabin, I will work as a consultant, do freelance editing work, and grow a garden. I'm still serious.
- I am soooooo awkward. I love people but I never know what to talk about with them, or how to not be awkward, or if I can make weird references to Better Off Dead, or if I should just sit there and shut up.
- I only know one joke. I always end up laughing before the punchline.
11 Questions I Was Asked By Tessica
- What is your favorite flavor chapstick? Cherry, fo' sho'!
- Any upcoming plans you are really excited for? I feel like the past few months have been all about Thanksgiving! Christmas! The big secret Disney trip! Omg! So it feels nice to relax for a few weeks. I am super psyched to start planning our wedding, especially going to try on wedding dresses later this month!
- Any moment in your life that didn't live up to your expectations that you had for it, as in...I thought that would be more exciting...? Yes: Splash Mountain. I was sooooo nervous and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it was. I felt pretty foolish for jamming my head into my mom's shoulder right before the dip. Afterward I kept thinking, 'Wait... I just gave myself a panic attack... for THAT? Oy.'
- What was something that way surpassed your expectations for it? New Year's Eve! We had dinner out but then cancelled our plans to go to a party. Even though we ended up staying in, it was an emotional and wonderful way to ring in the new year. I thought of everything the past year has given me, and everything I have to look forward to in 2012, and I couldn't help but do that silly crying-and-smiling thing.
- Last movie you saw in the movie theatre? I honestly do not remember. No, my memory is not that bad, it's just been that long since I've seen a movie out!
- Something you love to secretly watch others do (example: watch Dads play with their children)? I like seeing other people hug. It's so sweet.
- Mittens or gloves? Gloves.
- Pancakes or French Toast? Ooh, this is a tough one! Probably pancakes... unless they're up against Grandma's french toast, in which case that wins!
- Favorite store to shop at? I love J. Crew, although I hardly ever buy anything there.
- Do you collect anything? Not anymore. I used to collect keychains. Now I just save mementos of occasions, but I don't know if that's a collection.
- If you could recreate a scene from a movie which scene would it be (in real life with the real life people in your real life)? The rowboat scene from The Notebook!
11 Questions I Am Asking The...
- What's your favorite color?
- What time do you wake up in the morning?
- When was the last time you put on music that you wanted to listen to - not the radio, but a playlist you selected?
- What is your favorite way to exercise?
- Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
- Did you do any extra-curricular activities in college?
- Do you make your bed every day?
- Are you an early riser or a night owl?
- Do you hyphenate adverbial phrases, as in newly-engaged or poorly-constructed?
- What is your favorite type of weather?
- If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
...11 People I Am Tagging!