If you've visited my Facebook page, you've probably seen this photograph as my cover image:
I chose it specifically because of what it means to me.
This was taken in May 2011 and I'm standing inside the Dellville Covered Bridge in Pennsylvania.
This photograph represents a lot of firsts:
* We were on our way from Virginia to the Finger Lakes region of NY.
* It was my first long-distance motorcycle trip,
* * our first trip together (except to visit friends out-of-town),
* * our first time to the Finger Lakes.
* I was amazed by the beauty of all these places I hadn't yet experienced,
* * excitedly looking forward to our accommodations (a castle!)
* * * and the wineries we would visit,
* * and happy to be spending time with Mike.
There was a little of the unknown,
a lot of adventure, and
appreciation for the moment.
It also represents a lot of faith:
* it was taken before we moved in together,
* * before I sold my car,
* * before I even knew about my medical issues,
* * before things got messy with my family,
* * before we got engaged,
* * before work got crazy -
* before all of that.
I am looking into the darkness of the bridge.
The sunlight, the beautiful blue sky, and our motorcycle are behind me.
I believe that this is a strong reminder
that my faith,
my amazement and appreciation of the world,
are always with me.
Sometimes I just need to change my perspective
to see them.
to see them.