I've been lucky enough to meet a bunch of new people lately, and even luckier to get to know some friends better. I really love learning about the people in my life and I'm amazed by how often they surprise me. I'm also amazed by how often I surprise them!
Some things about me that have surprised people lately:
- I'm from New York City.
- A mean Brooklyn accent lives somewhere deep inside of me.
- I'm an executive at my company.
- I have tattoos.
- In the right company, I will curse (a lot). Then I'll clap my hands over my mouth and blush and apologize for cursing.
- I crack my knuckles, especially when I'm nervous.
- I have my motorcycle license.
- I like rock music, and rock concerts, and for some years you might have called me a metalhead.
- I'm always, always thinking of a "That's what she said" joke. We're both lucky if it makes any sense at all.
- I've always loved football and I will happily watch it and trash-talk whoever is around, in good fun. (I also play fantasy.)
- I do actually say y'all (a lot).
- I'm Italian. If you've seen a photo of me, you know that I obviously got all of the Irish genes, but I swear I am also Italian. (I think I'm also English, German, and Welsh.)
- I live and work in the Washington, D.C. area and my life and career have nothing to do with politics.
- I have gray hair (a lot).