Last year I borrowed missris' 2011 wrap-up questions and I said I'd make it a tradition, so here we go!
The 2012 Wrap-Up.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Ate bacon, sausage, pepperoni, duck, and crab. Was single for a long time. Rode on the back of a Ducati. Went to new bars and restaurants. Gave a eulogy.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really make resolutions (or at least, if I did, I don't remember them and can't find them) but I am definitely going to this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A few blog friends did, but none of my closest friends
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. Joe and Chacha died in February, and Grandma died in September.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
04:50 on Saturday, September 29: when I found out Grandma died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I am freakin' always sick. I badly bruised a rib, busted my lip a couple times, dropped a bookcase on my foot and my toenail fell off, and gave myself about a million more scars. But nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Spotify subscription.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
OH MY GOD, ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Seriously. Every last one of you. There's a reason y'all are part of my life, and I appreciate it so very much. Y'all have supported me, called me out on my nonsense, held me as I cried, made me laugh 'til I cry, wined and dined with me, partied to dawn with me, and each of you have taken in and cared for a piece of my heart. I can never find enough words to say how much I appreciate that.
Oh and Barack Obama, too. That man is awesome.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The American government, on the whole.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably to bills and loans. Typical.
15. What did you get really excited about?
EVERYTHING. I spent a lot of time getting and being excited in 2012.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
"Call Me Maybe," for sure!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier.
– thinner or fatter? Thinner.
– richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel and adventure.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry and mourn.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In New York City with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
It's a solid toss-up between Downton Abbey and The League.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I ain't got time for hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Fault In Our Stars.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tough one! I think I have to go with The Heavy or Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
26. What did you want and get?
A clean bill of health from my doctor. Wonderful friends. Another successful year at my company.
27. What did you want and not get?
To keep Grandma around to see me graduate college, get married, have children.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I walked across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge at midnight to ring in my birthday, then I went to work, then I drove to my parents' house and ate dinner with Dad, Mom, Tommy, and Rhiannon.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to talk to Grandma.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
32. What kept you sane?
The wonderful people in my life, and good music.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't want to talk about it.
35. Who did you miss?
For the first half of the year, I really missed myself. Now I just really miss Grandma.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I couldn't possibly pick one; I met so many wonderful people in 2012!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"The scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin" (Stars, Your Ex-Lover Is Dead)
"Slowly learning that life is okay" (a-ha, Take On Me) (Yeah, I went there.)